Making organic bath bombs at home is a fun and easy activity that you can do with your children. Not only will they love watching the process, but they will also love using the final product. Here's a simple recipe for making natural bath bombs for kids:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- A few drops of food coloring (optional)
- A few drops of essential oil (optional)
- Silicone molds in fun shapes (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and Epsom salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the olive oil or coconut oil, food coloring, and essential oil (if using).
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring as you go. Be careful not to add too much liquid, as it will cause the mixture to start fizzing.
- Once the mixture is wet enough to hold its shape when pressed together, it's ready to be molded.
- If you're using silicone molds, press the mixture firmly into the mold and let it sit for a few minutes. If you're not using molds, roll the mixture into small balls.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry for at least 24 hours before using.
If the idea of making your own bath balls from scratch seems too messy or time-consuming, there's an option for you too! Mineral Me California offers a variety of colorful bath bombs for kids that come with a surprise toy inside. These hassle-free bath bubbles are made with natural ingredients and are gentle on sensitive skin. The added surprise toy will make bath time even more enjoyable for your child. So, whether you're looking to make your own bath bombs with your kids or want a ready-made option, there's something for everyone!